Tuesday 19 November 2013

Just Do It, Now

If I have a fault (and believe it or not it isn’t just Leeds fans that suspect I might), it could be verbosity. My posts, and probably just about everything I’ve written in my life, are not noted for their brevity. I’ve tended to take comfort from the fact that most (if not all) of what’s been produced has been under extreme time pressures (either to meet deadlines or to hotfoot it to the pub or the nearest available bottle) and that, to paraphrase I believe a British general the day before a battle, ‘I apologise for the length of the order of the day but I didn’t have time to write a shorter one’. So let’s try to keep this one short.

For crying out loud what are the owners/board waiting for? The issue of Sir Chris’ contract should have been resolved during the summer. We’ve now seen the reports of the interview he gave, basically saying he wants to stay and that the issue is creating some uncertainty. It is now in the public domain to the extent that merely doing nothing would be an unforgivable slap in the face to our manager (and his staff). Please may we see an announcement, or some form of communication, to the tune that the club wishes to retain him and that a new contract/contract extension will be put to him in the (very) near future.


I’d like to go on, but I’d only be underlining the same point, commenting on the possible implications of inaction (how could this do anything but undermine the morale of all concerned etc). And after all I’m only echoing what others have been urging for months. The issue has now been brought to a head (I hope not the result of serious frustration on the part of Sir Chris) and inaction/silence would begin to speak for itself. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suggest no contracts being offered as New Buyer around.

Stevie said...

Exactly that. With news coming out today that the club is close to a take-over, they aren't likely to enter contract negotiations. The new owners may well want their own man, this is usually the case...

Burgundy Addick said...

Fair enough. Wasn't aware at the time of writing that latest rumours were any different from those of previous months, which came to nothing. Let's wait and see - and if a deal goes through be ready to underline our feelings to any new owners.